FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dinner recommendations
View Single Post
Old Dec 31, 2012, 12:39 am
Yahillwe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by menton1
Sure, you can have an off meal in Paris, but you can usually get a feel for the place by the appearance and the menu, posted in the window by law. Also by who is eating there.

I've had great meals at a couple of places that are off the radar of most "black books" and most guides. They are all in the 4th.

Le Taxi Jaune
Robert & Louise
Metropolitain

Modern bistro is becoming the dominant restaurant type for Parisians. The old school Michelin star places are much more popular with tourists than Parisians. If I'm looking for an old school more formal dine, I go to Le Dome de Marais.
Maybe we differ in our tastes, I went the other night to a typically french resto, Cafe de Musee in the 3rd rue de Turenne, the food was un edible. Too buttery and the veggies were over cooked. All french people.

On the other hand my local place, in the 7th Cafe Constance, yes it is full of tourist, who usually have the first seating 7:30 then the locals are there around 9 ish, very good french food. Very well done. I eat there 2 -3 times a week, have never been disappointed.