FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TSA Pre not for International
View Single Post
Old Dec 28, 2012, 11:10 pm
YEGTigger

Programs: AC*SE, Marriott Plat, Natl Exec, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Yoshi212
While those don't others may and therefore they do the only domestic until possibly an entire area accepts it. Then it will be Mexico, Canada, Caribbean followed by EU......
Originally Posted by drewguy
Yeah, issue is ability to transit in other countries' airports without going through screening that complies with their standards (e.g., EU).
It will be interesting to see if the TSA is even talking to any other countries about that. The fact that Canadian Nexus members were just included is a hopeful sign to me.

This shouldn't be that big of a deal, I hope. If only because the standard for PreCheck screening should be irrelevant for any country where you have to clear Customs and Immigration upon arrival and then re-clear security (using the destination country's process) in order to have access to the sterile part of the airport for an onward flight. I acknowledge that they still need to formally agree to that, but other than some concerns about the inbound flight while in the air, I'm hopeful this would make sense. Anyway, crossing my fingers for adding international destinations soon (the selfish part of me wants Canada first, but I don't get to decide, I'll bet).