FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dublin, Ireland: The Morrison, Curio collection by Hilton [was Doubletree] {IRL}
Old Dec 28, 2012, 3:17 pm
jerry a. laska
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by roknroll
In planning a trip to Dublin for next July, I've been browsing Hilton properties there on and off, and noticed this week that they had added a DoubleTree property that was joining the Hilton portfolio soon. It has it's own page already saying that it's The Morrison hotel and would be available Feb 2013. Address and pictures on the DoubleTree site all matched up, and even the date matches up with The Morrison's website detailing their refurbishment that is planned to be finished in Feb 2013, but no mention that it would be re branded as a DoubleTree.

Digging deeper, I've seen multiple new articles stating that Blackstone had purchased the Burlington Hotel, and it was expected that this would become a DoubleTree. I can't find any info on the Morrison and Hilton, but maybe they entered into a management agreement?

Anyone have any extra information on this? I was excited about the Morrison, as the location is better than the other two Hilton properties, and prices would likely be below the Conrad. The Burlington looks to be in the general area as the Hilton and Conrad, but would be the furthest of the 3 from central Dublin. Also if they are planning a major refurbishment of the Burlington, it must be a ways off as there is no mention of it anywhere.

Now if the Morrison really is going to be a DoubleTree, I wonder what will become of the Burlington, perhaps a Waldorf?
Why couldn't there be two doubletrees? There was this post about the Burlington in the joining/leaving thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/19740942-post323.html
Doesn't sound like WA level to me.