FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JCB Marukai Premium Card - All USA accounts to close April 2018.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 12:12 pm
kebosabi

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by jamar
Also, back to the topic of JCB (and going back to my question)- you'd think they'd expand the issuing range a little more. IA, WV, maybe not, but it seems that lots of Japanese companies are setting up shop in southern states like TN.
True there are Japanese MNCs that are opening up plants in other states, but I think JCB would be more interested in places where there's a high concentration of stores and businesses that cater to the Japanese expats and Japanese-American crowd so as to provide JCB exclusive discounts and incentives.

Somehow I doubt there's a Japanese grocery store like Marukai or Mitsuwa, or a Japanese travel agency like IACE or HIS or a Japanese bookstore like Kinokuniya or Sanseido in Blue Springs, MS despite a new Toyota plant there (is there even a Japanese restaurant in Blue Springs, MS?). And I highly doubt opening up a franchise of these stores in MS would be any successful either.

Now if you look at the LA area where there's a large Japanese-American population, in addition to having the national headquarters of Toyota and Honda along with other Japanese corporations and also have Mitsuwa, Marukai, Nijiya market chains, IACE and HIS travel agencies, Kinokuniya, Asahiya, Sanseido bookstores and even three new Daiso stores all within the LA/Orange County region that cater to the Japanese expat and Japanese-American community, that's certainly a regional focus JCB will be concentrating at.

Last edited by kebosabi; Dec 28, 2012 at 12:31 pm