FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback
Old Dec 28, 2012, 8:12 am
etsmyers

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
Originally Posted by tommyleo
You all rock!!! Here's our story...

My gf and I had booked two nights at the Victoria Hoi An resort, outside of Da Nang, Vietnam -- but the rooms had a nasty mold smell. The hotel manager was very nice about it, allowing us to cancel our res with no penalty while we hung out in his hotel lobby trying to find another hotel.

We had stayed in the IC Asiana Saigon the previous two nights and loved it. While booking that stay, my gf had noticed the BRG on the IHG website the other day. So on a whim, while still in the Da Nang hotel lobby, she checked the agoda pricing for this absolutely over-the-top "six star" IC in Da Nang.

Lo and behold, the price was less on agoda ($375/night) than on the ICH website ($405/night). So I came to this FT thread to see if we would really qualify because I figured that it all seemed too good to be true: to get a $405/night palatial room for less than half-price.

We booked the room on the IHC site and called the BRC rep and told her to check out agoda. The agent put us on hold for about 15 minutes (my gf was worried about the wait time; I told her the long wait was a good sign because it was clear that ICH was doing their best to get out of this jam but was coming up empty!).

And it worked!!! We got two nights for the price of one-night on agoda! And this is by far the most beautiful hotel we've ever seen.

Isn't this a worst-case scenario for ICH? We only booked two nights at a high-end ICH hotel, and one night is free. And who takes the hit in this case? Does the hotel lose the one night of revenue? Or does ICH reimburse the hotel?

So thanks everyone for the info. It helped greatly to be armed with info when we called the BRC agent.
VERY nice!