FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Definitive "How To Search for Low Tier Business Awards"
Old Dec 26, 2012, 5:18 pm
Mountain Trader

I'm not sure this is the right place for my question.

I have on hold a trip in Business:

LAX-SYD
SYD-LAX

My real goal is to add another leg: LAX-CDG which would be a month after the SYD-LAX flight. So when finalized, my itinerary would be:

LAX-SYD (destination)
SYD-LAX (stopover)
LAX-CDG

All flights I used are available in low.

In business, US to South Pacific is 150k RT. Europe to South Pacific is also 150k RT. I want to have this priced as: one way US-SO Pac @ 75k and one way SO Pac to Europe @ 75K, including stopover. DL.com prices this at 250k: the US-So Pac RT (150k) and a one way US-Europe (100k).

Several calls today brought just about every answer I can think of, except to my question on what rule causes this to jump out of one award into two awards. If the MPM is based on LAX-SYD, then I am way over that. But shouldn't the MPM be to total of LAX-SYD plus SYD-CDG?

Note that if I booked rt CDG-SYD thru LAX, it would be 150k and my itinerary is the same except I am dropping the initial CDG-LAX leg. I tried booking the CDG-SYD online so I could then put that on hold and then try to drop the first leg but the multi-stop won't book it with the long stopover in LAX.

My only option seems top be another afternoon on the phone. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.