FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Diamond and Gold for Amenities for Homewood Suites
Old Dec 26, 2012, 9:19 am
jamesteroh
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by flyertalk77
I rarely update my profile so when I book a trip it always says one guest whether the trip is for business or leisure. But I do fill out the box for special requests. I'm sure no one reads it since I was never granted or acknowleged of my requests.

I just have to remember to change the number of guests when I book trips for my family. This might explain why I've only managed to receive 5-6 upgrades in 4 years.
I never knew the number of guests had anything to do with upgrades. I figured upgrades went to diamonds first and then golds based on the number of beds requested and smoking preference.

I was under the assumption that if I had a room booked with 1-king bed non-smoking room for 1-guest as a diamond and a gold had the same room type booked for the same nights but for 2-guests I would be upgraded first. Hopefully this is the case at most hilton properties. I can understand a 2-bedroom suite going to a family over a single person at HS, but some of the Hiltons I stay at have 2 bathroom suites or executive rooms and there are times I like those rooms when travelling solo just for the extra space in the bedroom area.