FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CLE to IAH equipment downgrade and fewer flights
Old Dec 25, 2012, 11:58 pm
JOSECONLSCREW28

Originally Posted by EmailKid
Just be happy you're flying mainline

Call it what you will, I like my chances for u/g a lot better on 738 than A320

It's putting equipment where it meets the need @:-)

An FA told me that sUA and sCO are sharing a base at IAH, so there is mixing there. She even traded a sCO scarf, so apparently there is some goodwill

Again, for the most part, you can have your Airbii in coach, while I tend to have much better success clearing u/g on 737/8/9

OTOH, it sucks to be stuck in the back with no IFE (I will NOT pay for DirecTV).

And most all of the 735s have been retired, so that leaves much newer 73G, 738, 739 and 739ER

And I'm sure I'll offend some, but I for one can't tell the difference in the width of the seats. Just glad PMCO birds now have E+

EmailKid
sCO is also sharing sUA bases in IAD, ORD, LAX, SFO & DEN. However still only FAs may only fly on their legacy airline aircraft, sCO can only work sCO aircraft, and sUA can only work sUA aircraft regardless if their sCO based in ORD, or sUA based in IAH.

Originally Posted by buckeyefanflyer
You are seeing alot of Airbuses at CLE on many routes, EWR and IAH. I notice alot more 737's going through ORD and DEN. Some of the CLE based FA's are not thrilled becuase they are loosing the opportunity to fly to some destinations. TPA, PHX, LAX, LAS, and SFO, even FLL and MCO.
Not necessarily those CLE based FAs can pick up out of base trips in open time. I'm NTA and sometimes I pick up trips from EWR domestic.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Dec 26, 2012 at 12:11 am Reason: merge