FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it)
Old Dec 24, 2012, 1:00 am
tolchok

Programs: Aclub Platinum, Marriot Rewards Silver
LM F and J routes (and occasional special routings)

OK, I'm starting a thread with F and J routes possible through the LM site. This is predominantly for those of us in non-hub areas where there are not a huge abundance of routes, and so there is somewhere LM specific to post coded "interesting finds".

I'm doing this because I'm a newbie to booking award flights so have spent a large number of hours manually trying to figure what routes can actually be booked through the search engine (such as MEL - anywhere in South America), and at times have assumed a certain route was not available at all just because nothing was showing up over the next 50 weeks.

If you are already an expert, please post; but please only in a constructive way (so not - "it is obvious you can't book MEL - anywhere in South America" unless you are explaining why).

I'm going to post in the following format from fares I have been able to find on the booking website - either past tense, or those still showing availability over the next year, showing who the F carriers are:

SYD to
HND: F (TG, TG & NH); J. NRT: F (TG); J. BKK: F (TG), J.

MEL to
JFK: F (UA), J. LAX (UA, UA & US); J. NRT: J. KUL: J. BKK: J. BJS: J. KTM: J. TAS: J. KHV: J. RNG: J.

...and so forth. I will update with many other routes after holiday festivities are done, and I've recovered from the busy lead up to Christmas.

I'm happy to take suggestions on the formatting or make the thread location specific, so as not to create a 'spam' area; but I think it may be a useful resource for those of us still a little green around the gills with LM award bookings, and to keep these posts out of other areas.

Oh, and yes, I do realise that some of the areas that I am categorising as only J may get F award availability later (and hope someone posts 'XYX - ABC' has F through airline Z), and that some that I have categorised F may no longer show F availability until more awards are released.

Cheers

Last edited by tolchok; Jul 10, 2013 at 6:18 am Reason: I was asked to remove referencce to trick-it by a senior member (request was a few months back - but I haven't been on in a while).