FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Definitive "How To Search for Low Tier Business Awards"
Old Dec 23, 2012, 1:54 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bikeguy
The corollary is there was a guy that used to post in NW forum, TravellerJim, that booked a $500 ticket to SIN, IIRC from Oklahoma. His initial flight went mechanical and by the time he got to LAX, the only flight left going TPAC was Quantas, again IIRC.

The part I definitely remember is the only seats left were F, he got pajamas and had a chef cook his meal! For $500 R/T.

So, maybe you should try to miss your booked flight, especially if it's in coach, like his was!
Unfortunately our TPAC usually is in either F or J. My great fear is, if we miss it, there would be no F or J availability on the next flight, and we would be invol downgraded to Y or wait several days to get our F/J back!

I seriously doubt the above story would be QF which would NEVER release additional F/J seats for award even the front cabin is half empty...

On top of that, it would be the original carrier's policy to determine whether it would endorse his ticket to another airline...., there is no regulation to require the airline to get him to his destination in the originally scheduled time...

Yeah, nice corollary but probably only happened in someone's wet dream rather than real life unless of course, said lucky passenger has pictures of his BP and PJ to prove it.