FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amex (USA) refuses to honor signup bonus [Consolidated]
Old Dec 23, 2012, 12:11 pm
CLTF

Delta Platinum Skymiles Amex fiasco!

I signed myself and my wife up for the 35k promo via a link on a website.

we both got the card, when i activated mine I had to FIGHT for the promo, they said it didnt exist, wanted to give me only 10k....annoying. FINALLY showed them the link and they honored the promo.

My wife's card arrived, applied via same link...she calls to activate ...on the phone for 2 hours, they say link doesnt exist, etc...

finally she emails the supervisor the link, they see it, they confirm it is legit AND they look up my account and confirm I HAVE the offer. They REFUSE to honor it for my wife, saying they have no authority. All they do is 'refer' it for further evaluation....what the heck is that??? we now have to wait 15 days to hear back...which is CRAZY as she should have the offer...whats the point of an application with offer terms if they just change it or decide not to honor it....now they gave it to me, and they know it is a real link, why on earth did they not instantly give it to her? We are refusing to use her card until we hear back...any advise? we are long time AMEX customers and this whole thing is very annoying!!!