FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card
Old Dec 22, 2012, 6:06 pm
the_jaguar

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Dad to GO
** Odd thing happened to me today. I went in to a CVS that had in the past told me they only took cash for VR purchases. Today I figured I would try and get a Paypal reload and see what happened. They took the credit card no problems asked. Soo... what did I do? of course I went back a few hours later and tried to purchase the VR's using a credit card and they allowed it. The only thing the clerk asked me is if there were only 2 cards because there is a $1000 limit per day. Not sure if anyone else has experienced this but the fact that a store that used to be a "No Go" is now back in my rotation is a great thing!
in most instances, it's cashier based. As in, if a specific cashier *feels* that the policy is not to accept CC, then they won't, irrespective of what the actual policy is. Yes, you can get a manager involved, etc, but honestly, it's not worth the effort. Just go back after some time to a different cashier and try you luck again.