FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Have you began mapping out EXP requalification strategy for 2013?
Old Dec 22, 2012, 5:26 pm
iridge
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP, DL PLT, UA 1P, SPG Gold
Have you began mapping out EXP requalification strategy for 2013?

2013 is fast approaching and so far it seems the DEQM promotions are a thing of 2012- nothing except of high fare EUR promotion in terms of any bonuses for JAN.

I usually have 55-65K miles of paid travel on AA and then do 2-3 international trips on my own dime for vacations on cheapest fares (but usually try AA to use SWUs or oneworld for eqm/rdm). Thanks to all the promotions first early and then at the end of the year, 2012 was a piece of cake.

Considering that status of DEQM promotions next year is unknown, and in general there are many unknowns about AA and AAdvantage program, do you think doing several MRs early in the year (Jan/Feb) at approx 5cpm/eqm to make up the difference and guarantee another year of EXP is worth it?

With all the promotions and UA status matching, upgrades will definitely be harder to come by next year, equipment upgrades with smaller biz cabins will not help much either.

Thinking if it's wise to invest in MRs on AA to stay top tier vs. perhaps start looking elsewhere since for my international trips *A or even DL is a much better fit and is usually much cheaper than OneWorld.

Your thoughts....