FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)
Old Dec 21, 2012, 5:38 pm
USirritated

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by CPRich
I do think the FTers, as they always do, will find a pattern where someone gets the short end of the stick, I don't beleive any program can be designed for 100% of all cases.
You are 100% correct CP, anyone can come up with a scenario or a formula, as I did a while back, and there will always be someone else raising their hand to say "but that won't work for me because..." When any of us work these scenarios or formulas out, it's not possible for anyone to lay out a scenario or formula which will suit anywhere close to 100% of the readers/participants in a given program. While not being able to suit 100% of the peoples, it would not be a stretch to come up with a scenario or formula which will make sense and generally apply to 50-60% of the readers/participants in a given program. After all, not everyone is the same, and not everyone stays in the same types of hotels as a preference, or a price range, or locations, etc.