FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Definitive "How To Search for Low Tier Business Awards"
Old Dec 21, 2012, 2:35 pm
robyng
In memoriam

Originally Posted by michael_v
When booking separate positioning flights, I would say 1.5 hours is not enough as a layover. I would allow 3-4 hours at a minimum.
Thanks for your prompt reply. We are a touch less than 2 hours now. With a one hour flight out of JAX into Atlanta - checking in for both Delta flights and checking our bags through at JAX - and not having to go through security again in Atlanta. So I think we should be ok. Note that I would not feel comfortable with this connection time if we were flying out of a busier delay prone airport on a longer flight - were changing airlines - not checking bags through - and/or had to leave a secured area upon arrival in Atlanta and go through security again. And we do have a lot more time in Atlanta on the return (we'll have to clear immigration and customs). Perhaps we are spoiled. We hub through Atlanta a lot and have never had a problem with a connection like this (although I guess there's always a first time ). Robyn