FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Ivy Minneapolis, Luxury Collection [Master Thread]
Old Dec 19, 2012, 5:05 pm
landeej

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat 100 (LT Gold), IHG Spire, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, National EE, Hertz Prez Circle
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Thank you. Indeed I see that as well as a lot of "high season" dates for award reservations during 2013.
Well, I just stayed at the Ivy from Dec 10-13, and when I booked on Dec 6, spg.com's detail page on the Ivy showed that they were leaving SPG on January 4th. That information was further confirmed by both a telephone Platinum Concierge I reached that evening (as I had made an error in my booking which I was trying to rectify) as well as my "regular" PC the next day via email.

The rooms are quite lovely, with the high ceilings and the diffuse lighting above that ceiling being very pleasant in the evenings. Unfortunately, I think you are right about the staff being demoralized and off their game. Housekeeping forgot to come by on one day, and another saw the front desk forget to give me a wakeup call (they admitted it was just overlooked and popped me some points, but I'd confirmed it in person twice).

I look forward to giving them another shot next year now that they're staying. While I often stay at Ws, I've been told that the Foshay's rooms are too easy to see into from the Oracle Tower (and exhibitionism isn't my thing).