View Single Post
Old Dec 18, 12, 10:27 am
iahphx
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by West Coast Ace View Post
I stayed there in 2010. Most rooms had been refurbed by then (see website for pictures). Staff is very competent and speak decent English. The huge negative is, as Moondog mentioned, it's on E Nanjing Rd - (if you are Caucasian) you will be accosted by people trying to sell you crap, beggars, etc, the second you walk out the door. Gets old.

I now stay at the Regal East Asia Hotel in the French Concession. 5 stars at a decent rate (I use Agoda.com). The fact that they have a ton of tennis courts helps too! But it's a great area - but still metro-friendly - a few blocks from the Hengshan Rd stop on line 1. And close to some nightlife and late night eating.
I've booked a cheap rate at this hotel primarily FOR it's location (I'm on a quick visit to Shanghai and need to do some shopping). I've got a "classic" room. One review in the Accor "experience" thread says those rooms are dumps and you want a Club room. The standard upgrade from Classic for Platinums is Junior Suite. Apparently this is a larger dump. Has anyone negotiated an upgrade to Club -- perhaps by paying a little extra (and maybe using an Accor voucher to pay)? Thanks.