FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}
Old Dec 18, 2012, 8:56 am
bocastephen
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Sota327
Just to close out my own inquiry, it is now 3 days before I'm scheduled to arrive at the Hilton Waikoloa and this morning I noticed in my HH account online that my room type has already been upgraded to the Lagoon Tower - Dolphin View Room. Based on points/rate for this room, it appears to be the highest possible upgrade, with the exception of a suite. I did NOT select any other eStandby requests, other than the complimentary one for the Partial Ocean View King - Lagoon Tower. If anyone has experience with the Dolphin View rooms , pro or con, I'd appreciate the feedback. Thanks.
The Lagoon Tower has the renovated rooms - for now, this is considered their upgrade category until the other towers are fixed up. If you want to be close to the dolphins, ask for a room on the 1st floor (tile floors, no carpet) and you can walk right outside to the dolphin pool. Slightly higher floors will retain a dolphin view but add a partial ocean or bay view and carpeting in the room.

The Lagoon Tower rooms are very nice - the renovation was well designed.