FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Card Recommendation for 10k Spend Per Month
Old Dec 17, 2012, 9:58 pm
ohio2292

Card Recommendation for 10k Spend Per Month

I am a sophomore in college and I feel that I may not be maximizing the rewards that I could be getting.

My first (and only) card is the Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage Card which I got near the end of 2010. At the time, my credit score was nonexistent so I had to have my mother apply for me and I am an authorized user (and the sole user) on the card. Through this, I have been able to build my credit to the 725-750 range.

I spend on average $10,000 per month for my small business and I always pay the balance in full each month. I have racked up about 340k AAdvantage miles so far with the card. I do not travel often and I have only ever redeemed one domestic flight. I certainly would like to travel more (which is why I originally got the card), but I have not gotten around to it yet.

I definitely am not against continuing to earn AAdvantage miles, but I am wondering if anyone has a suggestion for a better way to capitalize on my spending?

Thank you in advance!