FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DYKWIA Master Thread???
View Single Post
Old Dec 15, 2012, 1:58 pm
roberino

Programs: A3*G, LH FTL, VS Red, Avis Preferred, Hertz President's Circle, (RIP Diamond Club)
DYKWIA Master Thread???

I wondered if we should start a DYKWIA master thread and compile these stories together? Thoughts?

Anyhoo.... I checked in for MAN-MUC last week at the Business check in and this guy joins the queue demanding to know if everyone in front of him is entitled to be in that queue (*G, LH*S, Business, etc.). He gets to the counter next to me and demands an exit row seat. Denied. Ends up with 8E. Cue the stompy feet. He then demands a Fast Track sticker for security. Denied. Then starts the hissy fit.

"I am a Miles and More Silver flyer. I had to fly three times round the world to get this status and I get nothing for it!" (Clearly DYKWIA behaviour).

The check-in agent comes back with the ultimate put down:
"Well sir, things might change after today's flight."
"Why, will I make Gold?"
"No sir, but you'll be in Munich and I work here."

Best thing was he didn't realised he'd been punk'd until he'd left the desk. Next time I saw him he was sitting in the exit row seat he wanted. Guess whose seat that was??? I had him moved so flippin' fast his silver card started to smoulder, and as he moved off to his seat I said, "If you want one of these seats you need to be gold, matie!". Better fireworks than the 4th of July.