FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Missed Opportunities to Identify High Value Customers - What a crock!
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:45 am
N965VJ
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
The author shows an alarming lack of operational knowledge. FAs don't identify elites by looking for tags; everything is on the manifest, and they certainly aren't going to be able to recognize all the different types of tags and status levels from all the other airlines, nor should they be expected to.

I don't know how he expects airlines where he used to have status to keep half-decade old information and disseminate it to front line employees, if and when he decides to come back for a single trip.

If I see someone scrambling to repack their bags because they were ignorant of the policy of the airline they were flying on, I would assume they are a Kettle. Elite tag? Har, har, har.