FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Fees Coming on WN: Sale of BP slots at gate begins 12/20/2012
Old Dec 14, 2012, 8:48 am
FindAWay

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by zachary
According to this story, http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8BD0SY20121214, WN will be increasing third bag fees, raising some fees on Air Tran, and adding a fee for no-showing a flight.
I can't say I'm surprised; but, an increased fee on third bags won't impact most of us. However, "implement[ing] a no-show fee for restricted tickets that are not canceled by passengers prior to departure" would have more of an impact (although, if it literally means "departure," then it shouldn't be too bad).

Originally Posted by zachary
Also, supposedly adding fees "tied to the sale of open and premium boading positions," whatever that means.
Well, it says "roll out new fees tied to the sale of open and premium boarding positions at airport gates" (emphasis added). Since it says "new fees," my guess is that they'll offer un-used BS fare (and, maybe A-List/A-List Preferred) boarding position for sale at the gate for a fee, which is probably smart. It would have to be more than EBCI though - maybe $20-$25?