View Single Post
Old Dec 13, 12, 6:43 pm
socrates
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by djp98374 View Post
I am not saying for a four star marriott be built there.....Hilton and Holiday Inn are able to have Hampton Inn and HI Express in locations. Wyndam also has access to these locations through its lower have brands. FI is a similar brand to them.

The funny thing the lower level chain hotels can get away with a higher hotel rate if they are near National Parks. Thus the higher room rates, which would abe a pct of cost, would be more than adequate. The fact Marriott doesnt goes back to what another poster said--they are anti-national parks.
Room Rates have nothing to do with the location of a certain flagged hotel...the ROI does....Wyndham brands certainly have value but that value is far below what Hilton, Marriott, Starwood or Hyatt brands have (IMO - I've looked at the brand contribution several different ways many many times - the brand contribution just isn't there)....and I can tell you the costs associated with Wyndham's brands is reflective of this difference (the costs of a Motel 6, Ramada, HoJo etc are much lower than a Fairfield or Springhill)....but still most parks have a very short season so even with those high rates it makes the economics very difficult to justify some brands