FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Advice on picking BF 787 seats that stick on an equipment swap?
Old Dec 13, 2012, 12:31 pm
placebo_68

Programs: co, ba, marriot, national, avis, spg
Not enough data points

Originally Posted by dmodemd
So what happens to seat assignments in BusinessFirst on swaps to the 767 and 777s?

- What eqpt and configs have typically been subbed for 787s?
- Have there been any swaps to 757s?
- From what I have seen in the past, seats will stick that have the same number in the new config. Those that don't are re-assigned based on profile?
- Are seats mapped like for like? i.e. will 5L (window) go to 5J (window) on other eqpt?

Trying to determine what are the best seats to pick that will stick in a swap. I know the A/Bs as forward as possible is the best bet, but if full, or if you want window on the other side, what's the next best options?
It has happened to me once, so don't quote me if your experience is different but:
we had a 777 swapped for the 787,
I kept my seat (almost certainly due to being GS) my friend lost his as he had no status even though both of us had seats that no longer existed.
Seats do appear to be mapped like for like, I retained my aisle seat but moved up several rows.

Given the reliability of the 787, if I didn't have high status I would stick with an A seat and a low row number

Hope this helps