FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Breaking up with Marriott
View Single Post
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:11 am
JohnMacWW

Programs: UA 1K; Hilton: Diamond;Kimpton: ?? ; Omni: Black; Avis: First; Hertz: Five Star
[QUOTE=shoreline;19850114][QUOTE=OrangeCountyCommuter;19828316]BYE!
|
I fail to understand why folks think that whining on here is effective. Do you think we care? Send your complaint DIRECTLY to Marriott and follow up with what really matters.... Don't stay there. The rest of it is just whining! Marriott, SPG, Hilton, Delta, AA etc know that at least 50% of the "I am taking my toys and going home" rants are just that. Unless you really don't stay there then it's just words.

QUOTE]

I really don't think the OP was whining at all, merely stating his position....I welcome the OP's opinion and/or experience, so I am aware of what happened, and others reading the post will as well. /QUOTE]

I agree that the post and some discussion is valuable information about FTer's experiences. But I also do think that we often let these things churn their way far past the point of value and into the whining world. But the whining and joining in might be therapeutic for some. The purpose may not be really to change things.

And I agree, if the purpose is to change something, make a difference, etc, you will not that done here. But you might benefit from posting your experience and getting thoughts and advice about ways to pursue things that you can then go and pursue. I also like it when FTers report back on what happened when they made complaints etc.

Yes, it is more value if the hotel is identified. But even without the specific hotel known, it is still useful information.