FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta's disgraceful walk for International arrivals at ATL
Old Dec 12, 2012, 11:46 pm
UAAAPeter

Programs: UA life 1K, 2MM; AA Life Pt 3mm; DL nada now!; AS nada now; BA, FD, CX, LH, DD, Amex Pt, Diners
Troll/joke

Originally Posted by HongKonger
This is what the wheelchair/cart service is for. It's free, if you need it use it.

I'm sure Richard Anderson designed the ATL airport specifically to inconvenience you.

Congratulations on having lived such a charmed life that this seemed like a serious negative experience to you.

(Just in case this isn't a troll/joke.)
I will assume this reply is indeed a joke. Do you have any idea from personal experience how long this walk is? And it was not that serious an experience for me as I am lucky enough to be fit and a walk like this is actually a chance to exercise off the junk food I received on the plane. But a lot of people are not as fit as I am lucky enough to be. And they don't know to expect an arduous walk like this, and would have no idea of the need to order a cart, if indeed they exist. And the average unfit traveler would hardly contemplate a wheel chair. As it happened there were a couple of carts - that immediately filled - for about 200 trivial yards of the total distance. I suggest you fly into ATL and experience this issue before exercising your excellent skills in sarcasm at fellow FTers who are only trying to bring attention to a very real problem. And trust me, it is a serious negative experience that needs fixing.