FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Eating my way through IST and getting there on TK Economy
Old Dec 11, 2012, 10:50 pm
aw

Programs: TK Miles & Smiles, CM ConnectMiles, AA Advantage
I stayed at the Basileus Hotel the first time I was here and did it again on this trip. There are two main reasons for my return. #1 is the staff who goes out of its way to make sure that you really enjoy your stay and genuinely care about you as a guest. The people here exemplify hospitality at its best and they have won me as a loyal customer. #2 is the location. This property is strategically located in Sultanahmet near the major attractions and the tram. However, this area can also be very touristy, but if you step out of the hotel and keep walking to your right, you will be transported into the real Istanbul where people go about their daily routines and you are allowed a glimpse into how the locals live. Did I mention that if you venture into the neighborhood you will come across a couple of bakeries and pastry shops? Really convenient for a quick breakfast or snack later during the day.

Here are some shots of what the area around the hotel looks like:

Basileus

Right outside the door

If you keep walking on Kaleci St. going towards the Kadirga neighborhood, you will come across the Museum of Photography, a rather overlooked attraction that features some interesting exhibitions from renowned Turkish photographers.

Museum of Photography

..to be continued with pictures of Kardiga neighborhood.