FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Now Pay for exit rows - "Fly Customised"
View Single Post
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:40 pm
edmm

Programs: NZ GE, QF
Originally Posted by AlastairR
Hi All,
I have just been going through the posts over the last days (decided to have weekend off from Flyer Talk). In summary, three themes have emerged over the last 3 days:
• General seating teething issues – I acknowledge that there have been a number of issues with seating (and to some extent we have always had a number of seating issues even prior to this change!) which we have been endeavouring to work through as quickly as possible. A number of these were fixed late last week and we have more fixes due to deploy this week and early next year. One of the advantages of the seating changes is that we now have a dedicated person responsible for seating at Air NZ so we can escalate and prioritise all the seating issues we have – so please keep on forwarding these through or message me any personal issues as we are tracking these.
• Whether Air NZ should sell preferred seats on turboprops –this is something that we will monitor and observe – we decided initially that we should be consistent across the entire fleet that we operate in terms of offering preferred seats on all aircraft types, however if the customer feedback is poor/uptake is low this is something that we can look into – ie should we not sell any seats on beach at all
• Priority Boarding and whether this benefit is actually been delivered – thanks for your feedback and comments on this issue – I will take it up with our airport managers and get their feedback and thoughts.

Hope you all had a good weekend

Regards Alastair
Hi Alastair
As you want consistency over the whole fleet, why is it that there are almost no changes on the domestic jet services, and almost a 50% reduction in available most requested seats on the ATR's, and 100% on the Beech? Wouldn't consistency dictate that you make 50% of the space-plus seats on the domestic jets into "preferred seats"?
Priority boarding on provincial services is a stupid idea that will never work, but if you sell it to people then they have a right to expect it.