FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Do Airlines Have Loaner Outerwear for Walking to Outdoor Planes in Cold Weather?
Old Dec 10, 2012, 4:24 pm
mapleg

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by BigFlyer
I am flying early next year from California to Florida connecting in a cold midwest city. I know both of my flights are mainline flights, and will presumably use jetways at the connecting airport.

However, that made the question occur to me - what happens when someone is travelling between two relatively warm weather airports, and has to connect to a commuter plane in some insanely cold place like MSP where one has to walk outside to the plane? Does the airline provide outerwear?

I'm sure someone will chime in and say "if you're connecting in a cold place, you should bring proper clothing." However, whether that is true or not, I would bet most people flying from California (or Arizona or Las Vegas) to Florida in the winter don't bring outerwear suited to the Midwest. Not to mention that many people don't even own that kind of clothing.
You are outside for a few minutes at most. Not something to worry about. Bring a sweater or light coat if you must.