FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 4 month stay in China, which luggage combination?
Old Dec 9, 2012, 3:54 pm
IflyfromABE

Programs: DL DM, IHG Spire, Mariott Platinum (UA SI) Avis First, National Executive
Originally Posted by TobyDude
Thanks for the fast reply! What do you mean with the full size backpack? The big trekking backpacks?

That is why i don't want to buy the rimowa for the stay.
Yes i will probably travel a lot around with trains (transrapid) and busses and lots of planes...
The big backpack is ideal for weekend trips and for the unversity, i just looking for a better suitcase that won't attract any thieves, is cheaper and won't break if its not full. I am especially looking at travelite but don't know what to take.
So a piece of luggage that can be tossed around often.

I have also been looking at travelpro, eagle creek, brigg's&riley but it is quite hard to get in germany often as expensive as the rimowa. I tought about tumi luggage which i like a lot but it is so heavy...
Here is one. Pretty much indestructible, low profile and inexpensive. And less than a kilo in weight. Not sure how much the shipping would be, but it is really worth it. If you can spend a bit more, these ones are more convenient (or the just smaller size). You cannot beat that stuff... And nobody will take a second look even in China.

I did mean the full size trekking backpacks.