FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Now Pay for exit rows - "Fly Customised"
View Single Post
Old Dec 9, 2012, 3:15 pm
oranjemakker

Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by youai779
Its always been a question I have had regarding priority boarding when travelling in NZ. Not that the flights are that big or chaotic as in the US but over there when I have been travelling they have always invited *G, First Class and their own elite customers to board first before they board anyone else. NZ do invite them to board at the start of boarding but like these paid priority boarding tickets how can the ever distinguish and the opportunity window is so small? Maybe two seperate lines but this would be impractical at the smaller airports.
Agreed, its a non event in domestic flight in NZ. My point is not that I care about priority boarding, I prefer to board towards the end of the boarding anyway, but why have they promised it in this case? It just sounds like someone thought it would be a good idea and did not work through the implications or discuss it with colleagues first. just poorly thought through. i can understand why they make the announcement for Star golds as its probably part of the Alliance agreement but i dont get it for this seat select.

For regular travelers we would read that line about priority boarding and discount it immediately, but for an occasional traveler it seems reasonable that they should expect Air NZ to deliver on its promise.