FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SQ Suites Saver Redemption to be available - New updated Award Chart
Old Dec 9, 2012, 2:43 am
bagold

Programs: BA LTG, SQ TPPS, CX DMP, AA EXP, Bonvoy LTT, ALL PLT, Hilton DM
Originally Posted by 380Flyer
This goes to show that SQ's Suites product is a "failure" if the airline is now resorting this product for Krisflyer redemption.

To be honest, SQ could use this valuable real estate space by installing either more Economy Class seats or introducing Premium Economy Class (which is the trend in longhaul travel).

Nope, SQ thinks they can pull in high premium traffic when it fell smack back on their face with a failure stamp all over it. When will SQ ever learn!

SQ should look at what the market is doing and respond to it accordingly. They are not the same as what they think they used to be. Time for some reality check.

They don't even listen to their most loyal customers. I have been telling them to provide Arrivals Lounge or at least access to their departure lounge since arrival and departure traffic mixes together at Changi. Nope, they don't want to bother. But they will do silly things like introducing Suites which is not what we are asking the airline to do.

As a frequent traveller on SQ and being their PPS Club Solitaire member, I am certainly seeing major decline in their service standards.
Since they have changed their policy to allow F fares in R class I've seen an increase in Suite bookings. Never completely full but pretty full. I think their policy of putting in Suites in 380 works well for people like me who choose SQ over CX, QF and BA from Asia to Europe or from Asia to west coast US!

Given KF members option to redeem on suites I feel is actually listening to PPS members!