FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Alamo Discount Codes
View Single Post
Old Dec 8, 2012, 9:11 pm
meehgz

Hi all :-) Have read more than half of this thread (started around page 20 onward to get to know these T-codes as well as I could before asking any questions) and have a reservation booked at a NJ location. It went through without a hitch, I don't have any additional coupons or anything of the sort of there (tried the AA one, said had reached capacity or something, tried a couple of xx of ones but rate was higher, etc so just figured the rate was good enough as is) so should hopefully be easy enough to glide through with kiosk check in from the sounds of it.

Only thing I have yet to figure out is - what is the go with this and underage drivers? I'm 24 and if my boyfriend (who is 26) can't get his license before we rent (sore subject for him haha - but he does have a test scheduled a few days before the rental), then I'll be the primary driver and subject to the underage fee, whatever it is for Alamo, unless this code somehow excludes that. I know that's not listed under inclusions but neither is the ability to say you are under 25 to even factor that in (unlike on, say, Enterprise or National where I'd normally just apply XVC1092 to waive it).

The help page on the subject is a little inconclusive for me in terms of whether I can rent at all as well. It says minimum age is 25, but that for "select corporate contracts and international tour accounts, the minimum age is 21" - does a t-code fall into this select group? But also further down it says that "rental rates may be higher for renters under age of 25" which *could* be interpreted as allowing under-25s to drive if this isn't just noted in additional to/with reference to the "select corporate contracts etc" line.

So, sorry if stupid, but I'm drawing a blank here as to what I should conclude in terms of (1) whether, if I have to be the primary driver, I can rent at age 24 with Alamo under this code, and (2) if this code waives anything in relation to underage drivers...

Thanks in advance for any insight and apologies if I missed anything though I tried my best to make sure that wouldn't be the case