FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card
Old Dec 8, 2012, 6:42 pm
shopper711

Programs: UA,SPG,Carlson,Hertz
Originally Posted by thegasguru
Attaboy, nomorecoach. I can attest from personal experience that getting the manager involved runs the risk of getting things shut down for good.

I've been buying reloads with cc for a while at one particular store, no problems. Then one day, one particular cashier says "you got cash for these, honey?" I say, no, it's ok, I've bought plenty with a credit card, it'll go through. She says, honey, you ain't supposed to be buying these with no credit card. Just as I'm about to tell her never mind, I'll put them back (and play the long game, by just coming back another day when she's not on duty), she hollers across several aisles: Hey Steve, get over here! I say no no no, that's OK, I'll just move on. And she says, no, just wait, I'll get Steve the manager over here and he'll prove it to you. Steve saunters over, and cashier lady with the attitude says, this guy wants to use a credit card to put $500 on ALL FOUR of these...that ain't right is it? See how it says cash only right there on the card? Steve says yep that looks right...what are you trying to do with these anyway, we're trying to prevent fraud here.

Next thing I know, every cashier in the store has now been "trained" not to accept credit cards.

I've learned my lesson.
Damn good lesson for us all! Loved the way you told your story.