FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Blogger Bob answers question "do TSO's have to identify themselves"
Old Dec 6, 2012, 5:16 pm
N965VJ
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
Apologies in advance to Mike for the crosspost but ,

There is precedent for what Bob says. SIDA and AOA are credentials used to gain access to the non-public areas of the airport, not to provide identification to the public. My crew badge was AOA, and it gave access to ops, the crew rooms, and "shadow of the aircraft" on the ramp. Airport Operations Area allows for blanket coverage for crew at all the airports they work flights out of, and in my case it was integrated into our company photo ID. SIDA is for ground based employees, usually issued by each individual airport. As late as the mid 1990s there were some airports placing really sensitive info on their SIDA like Social Security Numbers.

On board the aircraft we weren't supposed to have them visible. I wore mine on a ski pass lanyard, and stuck it my pocket as I was getting settled. Not that I cared if someone knew my last name or how bad my mugshot looked, I'd just rather not have it get tangled up in the shoulder harness if I needed to get out in a hurry. Same reason I wore a clip-on tie.

If a TSA employee is not wearing their metal tag with their last name on it, a Supervisor should be notified as they are out of uniform.

Now instead of providing just some calm factual information recently, TSA Blogger Bob Burns decided to stomp his feet up and down like a child and attack Amy Alkon. What purpose did that serve?

TSA honors its outstanding employees Tuesday

Maria Bramel, TSO, was the recipient of the Team Spirit Officer of the Year; Cricket Pigao, LTSO, was announced as the Integrity Officer of the Year; and Roselani Wise, STSO, received the Innovation Officer of the Year award in the TSO Recognition category.

National TSA Honorary Awards Nominees include Dennis Erskine, MCCO for Outstanding Performance in Administrative and Technical Support, Carrie Santiago, MCCO, and Rodney Sanchez, MBDO for Unsung Hero the Lihu‘e Coordination Center for Team, Alvin Sasil, STSO, a 10-year veteran, and Roxanne Fujieki, STSO for Core Values, and Betty-Jane Uegawa, AFSD-S, for Leadership Award.

William Winters, TSO, Daniel Rapozo, TSO, Alvin Sasil, STSO, Carole Shigekane, HR, Lyle Stemo, TSO and Keith Kunioka, TSO were recipients of the 10 Years of TSA Service awards.

Kimberly Cayetano, TSO, Tyler Mullenix, MBDO, and Dennis Erskine, MCCO were recipients of the 5 Years of TSA Service awards.

Ronda Fernandez, TSO, Leslie Matsukawa, TSO, Lourdes Obiano, TSO, Russell Furusho, STSO, Crystal Roberts, STSO, Craig Sadamitsu, TSO, Monkia Mali, PA, Shana Oyama, TSO, Lene Tucker, TSO, Herberlyn Faima, TSO, Jonah Farias, TSO, Melvine Manuel, TSO, Rochelle Olivas, MBDO, Kelley Garcia, TSO, La Vonne Pironti, TSM, Kim Ryan-Fernandez, SPOT-TSM, Gerald Nakamura, TSO, Kevin Tennberg, STSO, Chad Visitacion, LTSO, Shirley Machado, MCCO, and Brian Howie, TSO, were presented 5 Years of TSA and Federal Government Service.

Mali said these awards mean the employees could have come from a different branch of the federal government, including the military, to TSA.

Duana DeBlake, ESTI, Roxanne Fujieki, STSO, Bruce Kaiwi, LTSO, Tisha Rapozo-Soares, SOO, Betty-Jane Uegawa, AFSD-S, Alvin Yadao, TSO, Sheldon Espina, TSO, Misty Kaimina‘auao, TSM, Travis Medina, ESTI, Orlando Pacheco, TSO, Ronald Carvalho, TSO, Marilyn Reposar, TSO, Reggie Calapatia, TSM, Pualeilani Medeiros, TSM, Joel Miyashiro, TSO, Norvin Olivas, MBDO, Randall Palmeira, TSO were recipients of the 10 Years of TSA and Federal Government Service.

Christian Ogawa, LTSO and Eugene Costa, TSO were awarded the 10 Years of Federal Government Service awards.

Doris Williams, LTSO, and Duane Samiano, TSS-E were recipients of 15 Years of Federal Government Service.

Special Recognition Awards for Practical Skills Evaluations were presented to Lance Nobriga, STSO and Crystal Roberts, STSO.

Certificates of Appreciation were awarded to Sheldon Espina, TSO and Darrin Carillo, TSO.