FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 787 Economy Class Reviews
View Single Post
Old Dec 6, 2012, 7:33 am
bluegreentravel

Programs: CX,SQ,PR,QR
787 Economy Class Reviews

Hi all,

Any QR 787 economy class reviews? I've been reading how fantastic business class is, but so far no personal takes on the back cabin. I'll be booking tickets to Frankfurt soon, and the website indicates that the Dreamliner would be utilized on the DOH-FRA leg. I'm a bit worried because all the reviews in travel/airline websites seem to unanimously agree that the 16.9" seat width feels like a step backward from the 18.9" in their 777. Plus, the legroom is a measly 31". Even with a new slim seat design, this does not sound fantastic at all.

I'll probably be flying in Y, as I usually always do in non-business trips, and QR is cheaper than the *A options. Any stories or personal experiences about the 787 economy? Are the seats really that bad? I really don't care for lighting and huge windows, if the seat is tight... I'm impressed with the 777 seats and service to and from Asia, but the Doha to Europe legs on 320 and 330 always seem to consistently disappoint - I wonder is the 787 is any better?

Side question: I'm considering jumping ship to Etihad (easy silver and gold), because of a series of non-ideal experiences in QR - e.g. was on-hold for half an hour ((!), had the worst airline meal of my life on a recent DPS-DOH flight, etc. Can anyone also weigh in on the Etihad vs Qatar debate (service, how they treat silver/gold, planes)?

Thanks in advance!

(Long time lurker but first time poster. Finally mustered the courage to post a question!)