FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Saudia (SV) Joining Date announced: 29 May 2012
Old Dec 4, 2012, 7:50 pm
UA Fan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by mtkeller
My one trip to KSA was on the SV LHR-RUH flight that got in around midnight. I think I queued for five minutes, but I did have a visa. Didn't notice what was going on in the other queues.
We flew in on a Sat night at 11ish on KLM and landed in DMM. The officer had no idea what kind of visa we had as there was no sponsor and he did not know English. So after immigration we were sent to the supervisors office. Asked us how long we planned to stay and where we were headed next. Then asked if we have anybody in DMM. He seemed happy to hear that although I was nervous as the visa rule states that one should not use it for visitation. At the end he smiled and said "welcome to SA."

My uncle who went there recently took 10 minutes as well although his baggage check was meticulous. I'm guessing that since you flew in J you were ahead of the line? How long did it take to process you and did you take the finger print and eye scan?

Last edited by UA Fan; Apr 1, 2014 at 5:27 pm