FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Proactive purser looking out for AY+ Plat?
Old Dec 2, 2012, 9:40 am
SPBanker
Ambassador: Finnair Plus

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Thumbs up Proactive purser looking out for AY+ Plat?

Earlier today I flew PVG-HEL on AY58. The plane was full. During the first drink round the purser (she was working my aisle) asked me what I'd like to have for the main course, as full cabin meant they would most likely run out of one or two of the three options, and I was in 4D. I thanked her and chose beef (which was OK for airline beef, on the way to PVG the sea bass was really soggy). Sure enough, they run out beef before my seat, except for the one they kept for me. The same thing happened with the second meal, I chose cannelones, they ran out of them. But I got mine. As far as I could tell, she didn't ask anyone else about this, which leads me to conjecture that my AY+ Plat status had something to do with it. (Or my boyish good looks and baby blue eyes... ) Has this happened to anyone else? In any case, this frequent flyer appreciated the gesture!