FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)
Old Dec 1, 2012, 8:36 pm
lkar

Originally Posted by Ambraciot
two for one award nights
People keep saying "two for one," but I am confused. The benefit with the card seems like it should be called "third night free". Are you guys saying "two for one" just using not entirely accurate shorthand or is this some other benefit that comes with gold status you're talking about?

The third night free is, to me, a nice benefit but not really a home run or anything once you read the terms. Its maximum benefit is if you stay exactly three nights. You can't get a second night free on a six day stay. You could, I think, change hotels -- doing 3 and 3 -- and get 2 free nights that way, but if it's six nights in one hotel even on two reservations, it's just one free night. Also, it only applies to one room. That' significant in Europe where families of more than two often need two rooms. Getting two 50k rooms for three nights for 200k would have been nice, but the terms don't allow it. 250k is the best you can do. (Unless, I guess, there are two cardholders in the family and each books a room.)