FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:27 pm
azepine00
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mnredfox
It's been going downhill since like 2008, or whenever they closed the lounge...
Relatively speaking i don't think HWV declined noticably. They renovated the rooms (which seems like a continuous neverending priocess that moved from tower to tower), lagoon and open space look less manicured than before but still well attended. Decorations are in decent shape given the volume of guests.

On all our stays we had upgrades to some sort of near-ocean room or on a couple occasions a suite. Spa access is i believe still a dia benefit.

Lounge in several reincarnations in my recollection of about 6 yrs of going there was never exclusive with people swiping trays of pastries into plastic bags and walking out.

The place offers more and is definitely a much better value than HHV or most other hilton resort properties. That being said we recently found the nearby Fairmont to be a better (and much smaller) property for nearly the same price. Recent scams from Hilton corporate made me very reluctant to spend $ at Hiltons even though i still like HWV.

Last edited by azepine00; Nov 30, 2012 at 12:34 pm