FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I wonder what the GA wanted?
View Single Post
Old Nov 27, 2012, 12:18 pm
siankaan1

Programs: AA LT Plat, 6.0 MM, Marriott LT Platinum
I wonder what the GA wanted?

Last night at DFW I got to the gate a few minutes early, and wasn't really listening to the usual calling of passenger names for this or that, because I already had an UG and BP...when the GA called my name. So I go over and get in line to see what she wants. In 30+ years of flying I've never been called for anything other than an equipment change, a last minute UG, or a standby seat, so I'm suspicious as to what she might want.

Just as I get to the front of the line, the GA says "Can I see your"....and never completes the sentence because at that point a mother with her young son interrupt her. He'd hit his head and was crying and she wanted the GA to call for medical help.

Just as that phone call ended, another GA called boarding for my flight to STL, and my GA walked away without saying a word to me or the people still behind me. So I shrug, walk away too and board the plane, figuring if she really wants to talk to me she'll find me, and if she's given away my UG for some reason I'll have squatters rights if I'm in the seat. I half expected someone to show up with my seat assignment, but no one did, and that was it.

The only thing I can think of is someone else with the same last name, but mine is not common, so...other ideas?