FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines
Old Nov 26, 2012, 3:28 pm
Bernie2012

Programs: LH SEN*2
Booking classes

Dear Lufthansa,

one thing I never have understood with all airlines, why on earth are there so many booking classes out there?!? may be you can help me to understand that, my post is of course referring in part to the recent complaints here on the boards about the booking guarantee restricted to J class, which I find a bid unpractical.

Since you can't choose the booking class if you buy a ticket on-line, and over the SEN hotline its also rather random what you get (in my experience), wouldn't it be easier to just crap most of them, reduce the available booking classes to a very minimum and an amount a human being can manage to understand?

If have seen that there are now de facto 3 distinct different types of b/c classes, J I had only once... To pull an analogue, there was one guy who succeded in a turn around of a major car company, one of the first things he halted was, to reduce the number of personalization options greatly. I mean, if there are only two business classes, one clearly marked as a discounted, one as a normal business class, that would be plenty and enough IMO.

The hassle and annoyment it creates on both sides, comes surely at a price. It will also allow to greatly improve transparency.

I understand that because of "only" 3% margin and this ridicolous tax imposed in Germany, LH has to optimize their balance sheet substancially, that's why I am avoiding for my modest part lounge entrys just to grab a cookie and so on, my hourly rate surpasses most economy flights costs in Europe and I for my part am very delighted about everything what reduces the amount of time and brain ressources I have to allocate to airtravel.

Sincerely,
Bernie

Last edited by Bernie2012; Nov 26, 2012 at 3:36 pm