FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card
Old Nov 26, 2012, 3:14 pm
suzsy

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Bluebird Customer Service From Hell

Paid some business merchant bills and sent a legitimate check to someone (personal, not a merchant) for $1295. Bluebird info states the check will arrive by November 9. Check has not been received. Called Bluebird a few times between Nov 11 and last week but always received a message saying they were busy and to try back another time. Cannot find any other way of contacting BB except the one customer service number. Tried again today and finally (after a long hold wait) got to speak to someone and explained the check was never received. Customer service rep said I should have the merchant contact their bank. I said it wasn't a merchant, just an individual. CSR said they still have to contact their bank. I said, for what? The check was not received. We kept going back and forth and my voice was raising. She put me on hold and came back and said her supervisor said the same thing. Anyway, major frustration trying to deal with BB. I asked for another supervisor and she got someone else on the line. She was in the Philippines and transferred me to someone in India. The next rep said I cannot pay a person, has to be a merchant. I said that is not true as I have paid a person previously. Finally after going back and forth, he said they are going to dispute it. I said what is there to dispute. The check was never received. Put the funds back in my account. He said he has not way to see if the funds were cashed. I asked what kind of customer service they were. Anyway, sorry about the frustration in my rant. Finally had enough and he said I would hear back in two days via phone call. I won't hold my breath. (typed this quickly, hope it makes sense)