View Single Post
Old Nov 26, 12, 12:50 am
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: SEA, BHM
Programs: AS, DL Kryptonium Medallion, UA, Starbucks Gold
Posts: 1,546
First, I would highly suggest a notarized letter from your parents/guardians officially allowing you to leave your home country and visit a specific list of countries. This is essential.

A lot of students backpack through Europe before they turn 18, so you should have little trouble staying at hostels and buying train and plane tickets. Larger hotels might be an issue due to insurance requirements, so check beforehand.

Also, while carding may not be as prevalent in Europe as it is in the US and Canada, disobeying local laws is not a good idea. Plenty of countries have drinking ages below 18, which means that you could likely go to clubs and such if that is your thing.

Unless things have changed, in France anyone under the age of 18 can enter all public museums for free. This will save you a lot of money in Paris.
Tide_from_PAE is offline