FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread
View Single Post
Old Nov 25, 2012, 11:42 pm
ExpertFlyer Voice
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by djibouti
When searching for availability in a particular award class (T on AA, for example) some flights don't even appear, whereas others appear with an inventory of 0. Adding more classes, I get stuff like this for one flight:

F7 Z1 Y7 T0

And this for others:

F7 Z2 Y7

What's the difference between T0 and T not appear at all?
Hi djibouti, as noted on the Help for the Award & Upgrade results page under the AA section:

•Sometimes American will return just two flights where the requested award seat availability is zero on both flights, even when there are later non-stop/direct flights scheduled. This is American's way of indicating that none of the later flights have available inventory for the request class either.
Originally Posted by djibouti
I'm curious why they would do it that way. What if I want to see later flights and set an alert for one of them?

So the later flights are T0 and you can see that for yourself by advancing the time of day of the search. You can easily create alerts for later flights by either a) creating the alert via the Flight Availability results, b) adding an "Other" fare class to the Award search, such as Y, that will always be returned for a flight, thereby making the later flights show in the results, or c) using the Create New Flight Alert page if you know the flight number.

Why do they do it that way? The host systems are designed to return results that are useful and you can't sell tickets with no inventory available, so if there are too many 0 inventory flights in a row they are skipped.