FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Happy thanksgiving- I just made the most expensive mistake ever UPDATE: GM was a *
Old Nov 25, 2012, 11:41 pm
A2Zombie

Programs: Club Carlson, Hyatt, National, Le Club Accor,
Originally Posted by judyserienagy
OWWWWWWWWW! This is the kind of error that makes your blood run cold. I was of two minds reading your initial post, Mauibaby. One was horror and sympathy but the other was absolute surety that someone would help you if you JUST ASKED NICELY. Bursting into tears wouldn't hurt either! I must admit that I thought you might be spending the long weekend somewhere in New Jersey, however! Doubtful the points desk would ever open on Thanksgiving, so I knew you were at the mercy of the hotel management. I think alot of people forget that 99% of hotel staff work in hospitality because they .... like people! And they truly do want their guests to be happy.

GOOD WORK! I hope your stay was fabulous and please do take the previous advice to come up with a really nice gift to that GM. Plus, do what I've learned to do in the last few years ... develop a system so that every single email confirming ANYTHING gets read carefully and put in a calendar some place. I don't "save" the confirming email until I've scrutinized it and recorded the info on my calendar.
I'm glad this story had a happy ending. Lesson learned I suppose. Wyndham continues to surprise me.