FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Nov 25, 2012, 4:59 am
WHBM

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by jlemon
So here's another question: with regard to total number of seats, what was the seating capacity of Western's B737-200s vs. their L-188 Electras? WA operated both types in an all Y class seating configuration, I believe......
Was this not at the time when Western fitted out their cabins with "first class seating in coach", so the seating in the 737s would have been lower than typical. I do remember riding in a Western 720B and being most surprised at the legroom available.

Regarding the Canadian 737s, I'll just point out that, in some years at least, Nordair aircraft were chartered periodically to stand in for the Air France 737s used on local services in the Caribbean. It was presumably cheaper than bringing a replacement over from Paris when the aircraft had to go off on their major checks (which in themself I understand were done by contractors at Miami rather than taking them back to Europe). The checks took place typically in the Autumn, after the peak of summer tourists from Europe and before the winter peak of those coming from the US and Canada (including Nordair's own charters down to the Caribbean).