FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: WN (2011-2019)
Old Nov 23, 2012, 8:25 pm
fwoomp

I tried for two e-gift cards ($100 each, pushing my luck, but one $100 worked last year, along with two 50s). The charges posted as "air freight," as they did last year. However, no reimbursement yet, and I made the purchases at the beginning of the month. I sent a secure message to see what was going onand got the following canned response. I was deliberately vague about what the charges were for.
Dear Fwoomp,

I am happy to assist you today.

According to the terms and conditions of the offer, it may take up to 2-4 weeks for the statement credits to post to your account. Please allow this timeframe for any eligible credit to post to your account.

For your reference, following is the list of eligible and ineligible charges:

Eligible Charges:

- checked baggage fees
- overweight / oversize baggage fees
- change fees
- phone reservation fees
- pet flight fees
- airport lounge day passes & annual memberships
- seat assignment fees
- in-flight amenity fees (beverages, food, pillows/blankets, etc)
- in-flight entertainment fees (excluding wireless internet)

Ineligible Charges include:

- airline tickets
- charges processed by merchants other than the airline you are enrolled in (for example, inflight Internet services providers such as GoGo)
- charges made by airline partners (for example, you purchase tickets on enrolled airline Delta, but purchases food on an Air France flight)
- trip insurance / baggage insurance
- ticket upgrades (Including American Airlines Upgrade Stickers)
- travel agent fees
- point transfer fees
- duty free purchase
- award ticket fees
- gift cards issued by Airlines

I hope this information helps. Thank you for your Cardmembership.

Sincerely,

<rep>
Email Servicing Team
American Express Interactive Services
Has there always been an expectation that it will take 2-4 weeks to post? (Not in my experience.)