FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - $$$ based SM a total Croc.
View Single Post
Old Nov 20, 2012, 6:48 am
dean1121

Programs: Delta Diamond 2MM, AA EXP
Originally Posted by DiverDave
I can't even remember seeing any post where somebody was burning Skypesos at high levels just to burn them.

If you have the opportunity to burn miles on low level awards, that's always a good strategy. If it's a high fare route, medium might make sense as well. Miles aren't dollars in the bank. They aren't earning interest, and every now and then they get devalued. (OK on second thought, maybe they are like dollars in the bank in today's climate. )

There are times in the history of this board where an uproar has resulted in changes being retracted. Most recently a proposal to eliminate the 50% MQM bonus on YBM fares. (If you've been around here long enough, you know what I'm talking about.) And maybe there's concern that the famed bdschobel is still around. ^

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/16939382-post1116.html

The tea leaves make it seem likely that program changes are coming in the direction of a revenue based program, or perhaps a program more like the European programs. At that time, you can search Youtube for the video of dean1121 and bubbashow dancing in the streets with mbwmbw playing the fiddle for them. Meanwhile back in Hapeville, NoPlaceLikeHome will be looking for a Delta executive to serve her class action lawsuit papers to. (She is convinced they are holed up in an Atlanta area Waffle House. Little does shoe know that Delta arranged the construction of a secret Waffle House bunker at an undisclosed location near the Greenbriar Resort in W.V.)

Great post. I'll keep my dancing shoes close and provide my wife's violin for the festivities. ))

David