FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 'Combine my Avios' helpdesk thread
View Single Post
Old Nov 19, 2012, 4:03 am
vincentliu

Thank you for pointing that out. Though as a matter of fact, I registered BAEC account using my resident address in Beijing, and had been accessing my account from China for most of the time, which should be "legal".

Also as I said in the above post, I successfully combined my last drop of BMI destination miles at the end of last Oct.

@PanGalactic I just tried using private browsing mode in Firefox, which should be not using any cookies, still not working...

Just gave a call to BAEC customer care, told me I need to contact the local office in Beijing tomorrow.

Originally Posted by RedVee
Have you sucessfully used the facility from outside the Uk before? To be a member you need a UK address, so it might be picking up that you are logging in from another country, This bit of the T&Cs might cover this (my bolding):
B.1.2 We reserve the right not to enrol individuals with resident addresses in certain countries and/or regions or restrict transfers and changes of registered address. Such countries and/or regions are subject to change however reasonable advance notice will be given in circumstances where the removal of a country and/or region will affect the Membership of existing Members. To be eligible to collect Points under the Scheme you must provide an address in the UK, Isle of Man or the Channel Islands.

Can you use Hotspot or something like that to mask your location? Failing that, do you have a trusted person back in the UK that you can give your log on details to to see if they can combine them on your behalf?